As a Technical Solutions Engineer, you will develop innovative solutions to help our Sales teams thrive, with an emphasis on making consumer support as efficient and effective as possible. You’ll work with a variety of Googlers, all with different skills and specialties – from product managers to engineering teams.
Google Technical Services is a global support and operations team, with a mission to delight our customers with care so good, it’s got to be Google. Our team is the face of Google to most of our customers, and we want their Google support experience to set new standards, just like Google’s products do. Our team cares for customers by solving problems and scaling solutions, incubating new Google products, and sharing user feedback with internal teams to influence product development. We support a wide variety of products, from Ads to Project Fi and just about everything in between, and our customers include advertisers, consumers, partners, publishers, retailers, and our own Sales Googlers.
- Bring excellent partner experiences to Home and the Google Cast ecosystem.
- Take on initiatives including web applications, large, distributed systems and data mining, as well as projects that have a strong emphasis on building scalable server-side components.
- Cultivate an in-depth understanding of Home automation partner use-cases and assist with associated implementations.
- Define experiences that realize associated requirements, and build the necessary functionality working with key Google platforms and partner devices.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in one or more of the following: C, C++, Java, Python.
- Experience working in a technical operations environment, solving technical software and/or hardware issues for clients/partners
- Experience with Internet of Things (IoT) technologies.
- A quick learner and can ramp up quickly on new technologies and SDKs
- Flexibility for travel and short-term co-location with partners
At Google, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.