CargoMetrics Technologies LLC- Maritime Scientist
CargoMetrics is a technology company with an investment management mandate. We measure global trade fundamentals to quantitatively forecast price movements with the goal of producing alpha for our investors. We hire from a variety of backgrounds to advance our data driven investment initiatives.
If you thrive in a collaborative, collegial, cutting edge, entrepreneurial environment and are looking for a unique opportunity to join an emerging manager with a highly motivated technical team – this is the perfect opportunity for you.
To join our research team and help solve technical challenges in the company’s proprietary maritime analytics group. This position will be responsible for, but not limited to, developing algorithms for automatically interpreting and exploiting the company’s large data sets, and will collaborate closely with a multidisciplinary research team that includes software engineers, scientists, and economists.
Required Skills and Experience:
● Advanced degree in engineering, applied mathematics, computer science, physics, or related field.
● Strong background in stochastic estimation and inference; Bayesian methods a plus.
● 3+ years industry experience working for a technology company.
● Experience in one or more of: remote sensing, target tracking, systems modeling and analysis, behavioral modeling, parallel / distributed computation and algorithms,
optimization, numerical methods
● Experience coding Python, Scala, Matlab, or similar language.
● Experience with Apache Spark, Hadoop, or other distributed computing tools a plus.
● The right candidate for this position is motivated, ambitious, and creative.
● Is driven to contribute to the development of innovative, algorithmic solutions and is excited to be a part of our world-class team.
● Competitive compensation packages
● Non-hierarchical, “team first” working environment
● Pre-Tax Benefits: flexible spending, commuter benefit
● 100% Company paid health and dental insurance with HRA deductible covered,
life and disability insurance
● Breakfast/snacks/fruit/sodas/coffee provided daily
● 401k eligible
● Weekly team lunches
● Boston Sports Club Subsidy
● Office in Back Bay Boston
CMT provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Please note we will ask for professional and personal references / published work
Please submit cover letter; resume to [email protected]