We’re changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we’re a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it’s a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that’s just what we’re doing today. We’re thinking about the future, too. With teams working on new modalities, self-driving cars and even urban air transportation, we’re in for the long haul. We’re reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
What You’ll Do
Earnings and Flexibility are two of the most important factors motivating drivers to drive on the Uber platform. In the Driver team, we build products that let drivers best fit Uber into their lives and make informed decisions to achieve their financial goals, such as Driver Destination, Product Filter (choosing Deliveries, Select, and/or uberX/Pool trips), and Earnings Preview (to provide drivers with earnings tradeoff info).
As a Senior Data Scientist, You Will
These products have proved very popular with drivers, meanwhile they could have potentially significant impact to marketplace health and rider experience. Therefore product development is heavily guided by data science.
- Lead the data science efforts to co-create product experiences and implementations with product managers, engineers, and designers
- Develop advanced methodologies to encourage market enhancing behaviors and prevent abuses
- Closely collaborate with pricing and matching teams to improve product experience
- Design experiments to quantify changes to both driver behavior as well as short/long term marketplace health
- Coach and lead other data scientists on the team
This is an intellectually challenging and fulfilling role. You will provide thought leadership on improving the current products to achieve their full potential and building the next generation preferences and earnings products that further distinguish Uber as the industry leader.