Western Union is changing. Yes, we’re the company that moves money around the world quickly and reliably in 200 countries and territories. We are also present in over 510,000 locations bringing immense distribution convenience to our consumers. But we’re on the cusp of becoming much more than that. Our vision is to be the preferred financial services provider for the underserved – billions of people and businesses with unmet financial service needs. That means aggressively pursuing digital, mobile, ATM/kiosk and stored value card strategies that meet the needs of today’s global consumers and businesses. So, if you’re looking for a company on the move – and truly one of the most diverse work environments on the planet – then Western Union could be for you.
Right now, we are seeking a Senior Information Security Analyst, Application Development based at Western Union’s Global Headquarters location in Englewood, Colorado and soon to be Denver, Colorado.
Are you looking for an opportunity that utilizes your application development experience while also helping you focus in application security? In this role, you will be the subject matter expert for encryption solutions within the Information Security team. You will support the WU encryption strategy by working directly with application developers and other various IT development teams. You’ll be the driver for encryption solutions that range from traditional on-prem to cloud to hybrid implementation: with the focus on encryption of data-at-rest via application layer encryption.
Sound interesting? Here are some specifics:
- Partner with application development teams to provide guidance on the development of application layer encryption
- Perform code reviews and certification, at times writing the code yourself
- Serve as a technical expert for enterprise security application development
- Manage, review and build key management systems
- Assist with strategic initiatives around future security infrastructure and tools – such as cloud security, data encryption, and key management