We are a hard-working group building SaaS products to deliver the future of cloud security and governance. We live and breathe distributed systems, horizontally scaled micro-service architectures, graph data models, security-focused data analytics and data science, cloud services, and high availability designs all with integrated instrumentation and logging. We are seeking creative and capable problem solvers and critical thinkers with growth mindsets to join our team. Our team is growing and you will have the opportunity to define your role within the team. While we have a high bar for quality and performance, we also expect our work to be balanced, fun and fulfilling.
Job Role And Responsibilities
We are looking for a creative backend software engineer to build and scale the multiple products in our portfolio. Our backend services ingest vast amounts of data to create richly connected data models of cloud infrastructure, in order to deliver actionable insight to our customers. Based on collaboration with the product team, you will help translate requirements to tasks and propose and implement solutions. You will participate in design and architecture discussions with relevant members of the dev team. We will expect you to have opinions and suggestions for the technologies we choose.
Your development work will include instrumentation, health checks, unit tests, documentation and end-to-end tests where appropriate. We will review your code through pull requests prior to merge within the project. We need you to be able to explain and support your implementation decisions as well as explain application and business logic based on your written code. We will grow together as a tight-knit team, celebrating our successes and learning from our failures. Your ongoing professional development is a key component of your job.
- You have built and deployed horizontally-scaled microservices.
- You have participated in agile software development teams.
- You have exposure to some or all of these technologies: ElasticSearch, Mongo, Redis, Cassandra, Kubernetes, SQL, Docker, Jenkins and Linux.
- You have spun up and used various public cloud services from AWS, Azure, and/or Google.
- You love participating in architecture discussions and guiding how we build and deploy our technology stacks.
- You stay on task, ask questions to get unblocked and are not afraid of being wrong.
- You have excellent analytical skills and persist at problems until you find a solution.
- You’re committed to quality as a top priority—you pay attention to the details of what you make, and take pride in it.
- You inspire the people around you, not just with your work, but with the way you think about and discuss your work.
- You love learning and constantly seek new tool
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, HIV status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status including pregnancy, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.