Verisign is a global leader in the Internet Services Industry. Maintainer of .COM, .NET, .EDU, .GOV, .NAME, .TV as well as the DNS Root Zone, its infrastructure processes 100s of billions of requests daily, providing best-in-class response times, both for provisioning and resolution services. The global infrastructure composed by 100s of sites spread all around the globe, allows Verisign to position as a leader in the DDoS protection services as well.
Verisign’s Engineers enable such operational excellence, which is a mix of highly available infrastructure and performance at scale. They develop the next-generation of technologies that enable billions of users to reliably browse the Internet.
We are seeking an engineer to join the Data Processing and Monitoring Team which is responsible for developing the critical middleware infrastructure and services to actively and passively check the health of the globally distributed set of services, as well as providing online insights. The ideal engineer is an individual able to bring ideas from all areas, is proactive, has a strong sense of urgency and ownership, and is used to working with distributed systems, large-scale system design, networking, data storage and, last but not least, security.
As a Verisign Engineer, you strive for excellence and systematically deliver high quality artifacts. You are part of a team that daily enables the smooth browsing of the Internet leveraging the latest Open Source technologies for big data processing (e.g., Hadoop, Hive, Oozie, Sqoop, Storm, Spark, Redis, InfluxDB, Cassandra, Druid, Kafka as well as many others).
• Design, develop and test, as well as support world-class distributed systems to collect metrics, route and persist such metrics, spot anomalies, report and visualize the data.
• Work closely with product owners and other stakeholders in understanding and refining requirements.
• Work on systems with enormous transaction processing requirements and ensure all OLAs and SLAs are comfortably met.
• Use industry best practices to deliver high quality solutions the first time, leveraging open source tools/toolkits and utilities with automated daily builds, tests, and deployment.
• Collaborate effectively with cross-functional organizations including system architects, project managers, product managers and operations.
3 to 5+ years experience on relevant projects.
• Strong Java/Golang or equivalent programming language experience
• Experience with RDBMs, and/or NoSQL databases
• Experience working in Linux environment, specifically shell scripting and Python
• Networking understanding (TCP/IP, UDP)
• Experience with Spring Framework including Spring batch, Spring boot, Spring Data etc
• Strong Computer Science fundamentals and core Object Oriented programming skills
• Strong analytical, problem solving skills, troubleshooting skills
• Client/server and distributed software architectures
• Multithreaded software development
• Design and architecture patterns
• Experience with Kafka, Storm/Spark, Hadoop or other BigData technologies/toolkits
• Experience with Cloud Computing (OpenStack, AWS, Docker, etc.)
•Organized self-starter with the initiative to work through problems/assignments, taking full ownership and leadership as needed
• Enjoys working both independently and as part of a team
• Interest and ability to learn other programming languages
• Experience with UI development using Angular or similar frameworks
• Experience with automated deployment using Ansible and Puppet
• Understanding of DNS
• Proficient in SCRUM or other Agile methodologies
• Proficient with continuous integration and delivery methodologies/workflows
• Working knowledge of Git/Github, Jenkins
Four-year BS Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience, MS degree in Computer Science/Engineering preferred