Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Community Operations Engineering (COE) focuses on building, maintaining and enhancing the internal systems and tools that the Facebook operations team rely on to help resolve issues for our community and partners. Those who join this team are passionate about working with cross-functional teams to improve their operational efficiency through the development of tooling and infrastructure. This is your chance to join the team that helps build intelligent and efficient tooling to ensure that people who use and rely on Facebook have the best possible experiences.
- Deliver robust, scalable technical solutions for thousands of Facebook employees around the world
- Provide data driven insights and operational reporting to cross-functional partners
- Provide consultancy into peer engineering teams and product teams
- Experiment with emerging Facebook technologies to develop future solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent degree and experience)
- 3+ years of experience in software development
- Exposure to functional programming
- Experience building operational solutions
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Problem solving and analytical skills
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected] or you may call us at +1 650-308-7837.