“Invented for Life” drives us at Bosch and our vision of future mobility. Autonomous vehicles will change the way we move and at Bosch we are working on making this future a reality. We are now growing our team to solve some of the hardest automated driving problems, and are looking for experts in software development.
Bosch is seeking an innovative and experienced Build engineer to support our build infrastructure for developing self-driving vehicles. You will be part of the DevOps team working on the SW build step of the software integration and deployment process in order to enable a consistent and efficient CI/CD pipeline for our R&D software development teams. The focus lies on a build system which allows for reproducible, incremental and parallelized builds including an efficient package management approach. On top you will support your scrum team in other DevOps related tasks such as CI/CD improvements and infrastructure management.
- Support R&D teams, including development of specialized R&D tools
- Automated build system including dependency management
- Create and maintain tools like Git, Atlassian, and custom internal tools
- Support solid software-development practices
- Bachelor degree in CS, CE, E/E
- 2+ years professional experience in software development, infrastructure and DevOps
- 2+ years experience with build software such as Cmake , Bazel and package management software such as Catkin and Conan
- 3+ yrs experience using Linux, Embedded Linux, QNX, or Robot Operating System (ROS) and RTOS
- Understanding of self-driving vehicles or robotics
- C++ 11 and STL project experience and root cause analysis (e.g. such as identifying why a Jenkins build is broken)
- Solid understanding in Python, Bash and Ansible (or Chef/Puppet) scripting
- Understanding two-factor authentication including certificate management
- Infrastructure experience with data centers, Hadoop HDFS or other large filesystems
- Experience using Docker and VMs
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce – EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics)Initiatives:
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)