Req. ID: 121756
Location: Milpitas or Boise
The 3D XPoint™ Systems Solutions Engineering organization is looking for a JIRA applications specialist to support engineering database, reporting and Agile development activities. The ideal candidate for this role will have a demonstrated technical understanding of product development tools including JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Artifactory, IntelliJ Idea, Python, MS Project and Java Script desired. In this role, you will be expected to come up with innovative solutions and drive to create an efficient and high-quality user experience.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To
- Enhance and maintain 3D XPoint™ engineering’s product development and metrics / reporting infrastructure
- Gather requirements product development tools / process improvements and determine ways to optimize and improve JIRA environment and workflows
- Create, design and work with the IT department to deploy comprehensive JIRA custom workflows, fields, permission schemes, post functions, etc.
- Optimize Web front-end and reporting solutions
- Support integrations between Micron’s various product development tools
- Partner with peers in other Solution Delivery Areas, Infrastructure and Operations, Information Security, and worldwide site teams, across Micron to develop, and drive analytics and reporting solutions
- Demonstrate Micron core values of people, innovation, tenacity, collaboration, and customer focus
- Act as a change agent, seeking opportunities to challenge the status quo to meet business objectives
- Ensure solution releases meet the highest standards of quality and efficiency in terms of end user experience and performance
- Keep up with the latest industry research to ensure we are appropriately leveraging new technologies while aligning with internal standards
- Ability to collaborate with engineering teams across multiple geographies
- Knowledge of large-scale CI/CD implementations and impacts of governance strategies
- Knowledge of product validation methodologies (Jenkins, MTAP, continuous integration desired)
- Knowledge of product development tools (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Artifactory, IntelliJ Idea, Python, MS Project, Java Script desired)
- Knowledge of analytics and reporting tools (Tableau, BIRT, R, Excel pivot tables desired)
- Hands-on experience using JIRA REST APIs for integration with other tools like Jenkins
- Familiarity with Java, Apache Tomcat, APIs, Certificates, POSTGRES and SQL
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated with a drive to deliver solutions that meet or exceed stakeholder expectations
- Experience administering and customizing JIRA projects, experience performing data migrations from other Jira and non-Jira sources.
- DevOps experience
- Ability to manage several issues in parallel while keeping focus on priority and due dates
- Willingness to work globally across different time zones
- Experience working in and practical knowledge of agile software development methodologies
Education: BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering or other technical discipline
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members’ disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).