As a Software Engineer, you will work on specific real-life technical challenges related to supply chain and fulfillment projects, and use your technical skills to solve complex business and technical problems that impact millions of customers. You will be challenged to optimize the performance of Customer Promise products like order management, supply chain, logistics, inventory management and forecasting, returns, and integration with fulfillment centers and third-party drop ship vendors while maintaining performance at scale.
Software Engineer III responsibilities will including the following-
- Improve the implementation of the Segmentation interface. The Segmentation tool allows marketers to use customer facets across Walmart’s stores, dotcom, demographics, geographic, etc. information, and build custom segments to enable personalization, marketing and advertising.
- Leverage big data technology (Hadoop, hive, Spark, Storm, Couchbase, etc.) to build data processing pipeline to-
- Add new custom segments to the segmentation tool
- Simplify the process of on-boarding custom segments
- Proper monitoring and alerting for the data quality and freshness
- Improve the running time of the segmentation tool
- Improve the reliability of the data pipeline
- Develop test suites and tools for continuous integration of changes to the
- Work with an agile team to craft and compile requirements, document and review high level engineering approach
- Identify best fit open source offerings that can help implement the requirements