Symantec CloudSOC is the leader in Data Science Powered Cloud App Security. It empowers companies to confidently leverage cloud applications and services while staying safe, secure and compliant. A range of CloudSOC Security Apps deployed on its extensible platform deliver the full life cycle of security for SaaS and Cloud Apps.
Job Description: We are looking for a highly-motivated Software Development Engineer to join our Data Science team in its efforts to develop an array of cutting-edge systems and platforms for Cloud Security. You will work alongside a group of data scientists and software engineers in expanding the reach and performances of its Anomaly-Based Threat Detection Engine.
- Masters in Computer Science or a related discipline with 7+ years of software engineering experience, or a Bachelor’s with 10+ years experience.
- Proven experience in end-to-end software development cycle – define/refine requirements, determine appropriate architectures, develop maintainable and refactorable code, and troubleshoot productized software.
- Proven experience in object-oriented design, preferably in both Java and Python.
- Experience developing parallelized systems and optimizing I/O operations with databases such as ElasticSearch and MongoDB.
- Thrives in a team-oriented environment.
- Self-driven and motivated to learn new techniques and technologies that can have a significant, positive impact on the product.
- Experience developing and deploying solutions to remote VMs on AWS is a plus.
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.