Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Mountain View, CA, USA; San Bruno, CA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA; Sunnyvale, CA, USA
Google’s software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We’re looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
Are you passionate about developing image processing algorithms on leading edge mobile hardware? Join our team to transform imaging as we know it today. From 3As to ISPs to computational photography, we are creating tomorrow’s photography experience. You will work hands-on with scientists and engineers in one of the most advanced image quality labs built. You will also research, learn, build, and deploy camera systems that will excite users across the world!
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Design, develop, implement and optimize algorithms for Google products.
- Develop new algorithms to improve the image/video quality (SNR, color reproduction, stabilization, facial enhancements) or enable new photography features.
- Develop auto white balance, auto exposure, auto focus, auto flicker detection/correction, auto scene detection algorithms for Google products.
- Work cross-functionally with hardware teams to support algorithm implementation and optimization.
- Integrate imaging simulation controls, image analysis and data visualization.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in computer vision/machine learning, image processing, or computer graphics.
- Experience in computational photography algorithm or ISP (3A and image restoration/enhancement algorithms) development.
- MS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Experience with camera automatic control algorithm development implementation (i.e. auto white balance, auto focus, auto exposure, auto flicker detection/correction, auto scene detection).
- Experience in GPU, Halide, or other functional languages.
- Interest in consumer cameras and photography.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.