Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Data Analyst for our global Vertical Consumer Research team. In this role, you are responsible for delivering analytics, maintaining dashboards and pipelines that uncover unique, people-centric insights that are actionable for advertisers and marketers. Your research will focus on leveraging large internal and external data sets to uniquely describe consumer behavior shifts. You will work closely with Consumer Researchers and Data Scientists to leverage our internal data, the Marketing/Activation team to tell the stories of our insights, cross-functionally with the rest of Facebook’s Marketing Science team, and other analytics and insights functions across Facebook.
The ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge of statistical analysis and data mining, experience deriving insights from large complex data sets, and demonstrated experience working cross-functionally with internal partners, and will have some experience in data-driven decision making for marketers/advertisers. You will be curious by nature and get a kick out of finding out fascinating insights about people that transform the advertising industry. You are focused on results, a self-starter, and have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive impactful research.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to uncover unique actionable insights about advertising performance, audiences, industry verticals and media.
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to identify opportunities to build solutions for Consumer Research.
- Inform, influence, support, and execute analysis that feeds into our Consumer Research projects.
- Identify methods to leverage Facebook’s large internal data sets to validate hypotheses and enhance third party research work with proprietary data.
- Select and deselect analytics priorities, insights and data based on ability to drive our desired outcomes.
- Inform, and align to, our larger Consumer Research strategy and editorial calendar.
- 2+ years experience performing applied quantitative analysis utilizing large data sets
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics or other quantitative field
- Experience with distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop)
- Experience communicating results and analyses to technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience in applied statistical analysis
- Experience using SQL, Python, or R
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics or other quantitative field
- Experience working on quantitative research projects in the area of consumer insights
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected] or you may call us at +1 650-308-7837.