Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we’re just getting started.
The Marketing Science R&D team is responsible for designing and prototyping highly-scalable solutions, and to ensure successful prototypes are expanded such that all advertisers can improve the ads delivery and measurement of their marketing efforts. In service of this goal, the team identifies and executes novel solutions, develops methodologies, and partners with our product and engineering teams.
Facebook seeks an innovator to recognize new opportunities and help build highly-scalable, scientifically rigorous ads delivery systems that focus on driving incremental business outcomes for our advertisers. These efforts are instrumental for Facebook’s efforts to incorporate causal inference frameworks within our ads delivery efforts, and are taken in collaboration with our engineering and product colleagues in Ads Ranking. As a manager, the role also encompasses leading and supporting a high-performing team and broader responsibilities for org development.
Applicants should have a strong technical background, demonstrated success working with engineering and product teams, and a track record of helping team members develop into technical and strategic leaders.
This position is full-time and based in Menlo Park, CA.
- Hire and manage highly skilled data scientists, providing mentorship, guidance and career development to members of the team
- Drive technical development and project management of innovative products
- Identify specific opportunities to leverage new data sources or systems to improve ads delivery for marketers
- Assess the validity and rigor of new data sources and approaches, establishing scalable frameworks for ongoing evaluation as appropriate
- Build cross-functional relationships with Engineering, Product and Analytics leads to shape long-term product roadmaps with a balance of technical rigor and strategic considerations
- Master’s or PhD in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Economics or Political Methodology
- 5+ years analytics experience with empirical problems in the social or biomedical sciences, or in the Internet industry
- 2+ years of product development experience for ads or measurement solutions
- 2+ years of direct people management experience in leading and developing teams
- Experience with R or Python leveraging large (TB) datasets with machine learning techniques
- Knowledge in causal inference, including leveraging observational data and addressing challenges from incomplete data
- Proven track record of innovation
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected] or you may call us at +1 650-308-7837.