Join the Mobile Future with Tapjoy
Tapjoy is a creative workplace, comprised of people with different backgrounds, cultures, skill sets, and global perspectives. With offices all over the globe, Tapjoy provides mobile engagement and monetization services for leading advertisers and app developers. Advertisers rely on Tapjoy’s diverse suite of rewarded Interplay™ ads including video and rich media to impact performance. Developers utilize our technology and mobile expertise to acquire and monetize users. The Tapjoy SDK is currently embedded in over 20,000 mobile apps, reaching 620 million monthly active users. Additionally, Tapjoy works with Fortune 500 brands and the Top 200 grossing app developers.
Here at Tapjoy, we promote a Joyful, Engaged, Trustworthy, and Innovative workplace with our company core values, and regularly celebrate and recognize the people who embody our values. Tapjoy believes its people are its greatest investments and we take extra care to support your time inside and outside of work with a multitude of benefits. In order to maintain what makes us so special here, we are committed to continued education and involvement in our community to protect and expand our one-of-a-kind workplace.
Position Title: Data Science Engineer
Our Data Science team is seeking a talented software engineer that will work closely with an ad server platform team in order to apply Big Data points from the 1 billion mobile devices with our platform imprint. We need someone who has experience with working in a high volume data environment. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Design and build scalable, personalized ad-serving algorithm REST service API with data-scientists
- Design and create robust service that serves high volume requests
- Implement generalized a/b test frameworks to support multivariate testing covering component change/user segmentation and bucketing/meta data driven auto experiment set up, etc.
- Statistical driven or Machine Learning / Deep Learning driven model building, feature selection and/or Feature Engineering skills are preferred
- Research and develop to innovate mobile data driven approaches on top of Hadoop technical stacks (Scala/MemSQL/Aerospike/Pig/Kafka/Presto etc.)
Core Competencies Include
- Results oriented engineer, being able to deliver results under pressure
- Motivated, analytical mind
- Value teamwork is important
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science
- Up to 2 years of experience with an Object Oriented programming language
- Strong knowledge of data structure, SQL, software design patterns and principles (i.e., estimate tradeoffs of performance and complexity)
- Good knowledge of key data structures and algorithms (i.e., indexing, hash tables, joins, aggregation)
- Knowledge of RESTFUL service based development
- Experienced Big Data platform and/or MPP systems such as Hadoop, Vertica/Redshift is highly preferred
- Experienced with algorithm; understand general machine learning/data mining concepts is preferred
Tapjoy is a one-of-a-kind workplace, comprised of people with different backgrounds, cultures, skill sets and global perspectives. In order to maintain what makes us so special here, we support work-life balance both inside and outside the office in many ways.
If you want to learn about building an amazing team with industry-leading technology, you want to surround yourself with brilliant, passionate entrepreneurial teammates at Tapjoy.
Tapjoy is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion lead to stronger, more innovative teams and better business results; we want to draw from the broadest talent pool possible and encourage qualified applicants. Tapjoy does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, color, age, sexual orientation, gender (including identity and expression), disability (mental or physical), religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification protected by applicable law; we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, and pursuant to applicable fair chance ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For more information, please visit www.tapjoy.com.