Google’s software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We’re looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
The Algorithms team is responsible for designing and delivering the intelligent features that make Nest products smart and user-friendly. This team is looking for a Machine Learning algorithms Engineer that has experience in designing, implementing, and evaluating cutting-edge, data-driven algorithms that will help Nest devices understand and respond intelligently.
Google’s mission is to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Hardware team researches, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make our user’s interaction with computing faster, more powerful, and seamless. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, our Hardware team is making people’s lives better through technology.
- Design and prototype algorithms that run on new and. es.
- Develop feature specifications and performance metrics to capture high-level desired behaviors.
- Assemble representative data sets and use them to train and test new algorithms.
- Analyze complex multimodal sensor data (e.g., motion, audio, video) and design algorithms optimized across these areas.
- Identify opportunities for new algorithms and hardware improvements for future products.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience working with applied machine learning problems.
- 3 years of experience programming in Python and/or C++.
- MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with a variety of machine learning methodologies including semi-supervised an unsupervised methods.
- Experience with edge and cloud algorithms.
- Experience with consumer facing devices or Internet of Things (IoT) industry.
- Experience shipping sensor-based products and data-driven algorithms.
- Knowledge of cutting-edge algorithms in areas such as sensor fusion and signal processing.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.