Google’s software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We’re looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
As a Nest Software Engineer, you’ll focus on state of the art machine learning systems. At Nest, you’ll be part of an engineering team focused on defining the smart home of the future. You’ll be responsible to architect, design and implement the intelligence services which solve real world problems in everyday users’ lives.
Google’s mission is to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Hardware team researches, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make our user’s interaction with computing faster, more powerful, and seamless. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, our Hardware team is making people’s lives better through technology.
- Develop and test systems to analyze, train, deploy, and monitor new algorithms across a diverse set of input domains.
- Collaborate within Google and 3rd party organizations on developing a smart home ecosystem.
- Projects include large-scale data processing frameworks, real time data synchronization, integrating inputs from a wide variety of platforms, and the training and implementation of machine learning models.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience programming in C++ or Java.
- 3 years of experience with backend software development.
- Masters degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience designing, building, and debugging high quality distributed systems or backend services.
- Experience with machine learning and data processing frameworks (e.g. Tensorflow, Apache Beam, Apache Storm, Apache Kafka).
- Fluency in multiple programming languages.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.