Who We Are
At Twitter, we are tasked with understanding the perceptions, needs and behaviors of our users and those of consumers and Internet users more broadly in order to inform Twitter’s marketing campaigns and strategies, position our product and feature launches for success and align a diverse set of internal partner teams around opportunities for growth. We are a high-performance function using the best of established marketing research techniques as well as data science, UX research and marketing science in our work.
The Senior Analyst, Consumer Insights will be responsible for leading Twitter’s flagship research initiatives about our brand including worldwide brand health tracking and brand reputation monitoring among both users and non-users of Twitter. By conducting ongoing analysis, insight extraction and reporting that synthesizes macro findings and subtle shifts alike, your work will be at the heart of everything we do as a marketing organization. You’ll have the opportunity to identify emerging social and cultural trends, develop new research methodologies and techniques, and bring your own point of view to data-driven decision-making.
What You’ll Do
You will lead ground breaking in-house research capabilities, bespoke primary research studies, as well as third-party syndicated research about Twitter, Internet users, and the general public.
- Lead Twitter’s brand tracking research program globally including the management of in-house research studies and external research vendors (of both primary and secondary research)
- Scope, design, refine and execute research that informs business priorities and decisions
- Develop approaches and/or systems to integrate custom research results with published syndicated research for a holistic picture of brand reputation and public opinion, using data analytics and modeling to add incremental value to descriptive statistical analysis
- Analyze data and showcase key insights in an impactful and easy-to-understand way through data visualization and compelling narratives
- Leverage research findings to uncover actionable insights such as attractive audience targets, product use cases and user acquisition channels
- Collaborate and communicate with cross functional teams to drive research-based decision-making and strategy development
- Be the trusted source of knowledge for stakeholder questions related to brand health and reputation; feature awareness and utilization; social, cultural and demographic trends; and, country and market-specific differences
Who You Are
- You are an experienced marketing researcher or research analyst with a deep understanding of quantitative methodologies, statistics and/or data analytics
- You are skilled at conducting survey research and at distilling the resulting data into significant insights
- You are a survey designer and programmer with the ability to look across multiple datasets to conduct holistic analysis that triangulates key findings and uncovers hidden patterns in the data
- You love collaborating with a broad variety of stakeholders working across brand strategy, creative, and content development, product marketing and communications functions
- You champion research utilization in their respective functions and influence critical business decisions
- You are passionate about participating in thought leadership studies to advance the science of consumer insights and marketing measurement at Twitter and the greater research industry
- Knowledgable about how people respond to survey instruments and the impact of survey question wording on response rates and respondent bias
- Demonstrated understanding of respondent recruitment, sampling techniques, data cleansing and tabulation, and timely interpretation of research results
- Strong project management skills, including overseeing third-party vendors and conduct hands-on research
- Ability to frame insights into elegant, clear deliverables that cogently inform business opportunities, marketing programs and product launches
- You think strategically and work autonomously, running projects on timeline and/or on budget
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills and can thrive in a dynamic culture that “moves at the speed of Twitter”
- 3-5 years conducting quantitative marketing research and analysis, either in a supporting role or as a project lead
- Advanced degree desired; minimum of Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in marketing, business, statistics, marketing research, marketing science, social science, advertising/media or a related field desired
- Experience in questionnaire design, survey programming, data analysis and reporting, particularly translating complex business questions into efficient and focused inquiries
- Excel experience required
- SAS/SPSS skills are preferred, as are R, Python and SQL
- Experience working at a marketing research vendor or experience conducting quantitative research globally
- Data analytics or data science aptitude
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We donot discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, genderidentity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information,marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider foremployment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.