The team is proud to announce the release of Linux Mint 18.3 “Sylvia” KDE Edition.
Linux Mint 18.3 Sylvia KDE Edition
Linux Mint 18.3 is a long term support release which will be supported until 2021. It comes with updated software and brings refinements and many new features to make your desktop even more comfortable to use.
This new version of Linux Mint contains many improvements.
For an overview of the new features please visit:
The release notes provide important information about known issues, as well as explanations, workarounds and solutions.
To read the release notes, please visit:
- 2GB RAM.
- 15GB of disk space (20GB recommended).
- 1024×768 resolution (on lower resolutions, press ALT to drag windows with the mouse if they don’t fit in the screen).
- The 64-bit ISO can boot with BIOS or UEFI.
- The 32-bit ISO can only boot with BIOS.
- The 64-bit ISO is recommended for all modern computers (Almost all computers sold since 2007 are equipped with 64-bit processors).
- If you are running the BETA, simply use the Update Manager to apply the available updates.
- To upgrade from Linux Mint 18, 18.1 or 18.2, read “How to Upgrade to Linux Mint 18.3“.
Here are the download links for the 64-bit ISO:
A 32-bit ISO image is also available at https://www.linuxmint.com/download_all.php.
Integrity and authenticity checks:
Once you have downloaded an image, please verify its integrity and authenticity.
Anyone can produce fake ISO images, it is your responsibility to check you are downloading the official ones.
We look forward to receiving your feedback. Thank you for using Linux Mint and have a lot of fun with this new release!